Walmart Lawsuit: Can We Join Forces with the Trucking Industry?

Walmart Lawsuit: Can We Join Forces with the Trucking Industry?

Rosemary Phillips
I guess this employee lack of sleep issue is also a big deal in the trucking industry, too. Walmart has a lawsuit pending because of this very issue. Actor/Comedian Tracey Morgan recently was injured and lost the life of his friend in a semi crash because the driver apparently had a serious sleep deficit. The courts are starting to hold drivers criminally liable for killing innocent people in addition to suing their employer. The driver in this case drove from Georgia to Delaware immediately before starting his job. So he was already fatigued before starting his shift. There is a group already organized against fatigued truck drivers, The Truck Safety Coalition by Ed Slattery. Perhaps the 12on12off entertainment industry campaign can join forces with truckers or this group?? And we could perhaps get celebrity backing from folks like Tracey Morgan?? Just a thought... Please watch this video from Lawrence O'Donnell's TV show for more information and discussion on this topic.  on.msnbc.com/U5ThVU  Thanks!  This is an important and serious issue that affects many people's lives.