Quantcast

Sixteen hours, and what do you get?

Mark Grech

SIXTEEN HOURS
(To the tune of "Sixteen Tons") -

By Mark Grech

Some people say a sound man is made outta wire,
FX men are made outta smoke and fire.
Smoke and fire and wind and rain...
But 16 hours just numbs your brain.

Ya work 16 hours, what do ya get?
Another day older and deeper in debt.
St. Peter dontcha call me 'cause I can't go....
I owe my soul to my HMO.

I was born one mornin' when the sun didn't shine
Picked up my boom and I went to stage 9.
Did 10 pages of script
and 8 hours of OT....
And the UPM said "Well, glory be" !

Ya work sixteen hours, what do ya get?
Another day older and deeper in debt.
St. Peter dontcha call me 'cause I can't go...
Try me again when I'm 60 years old.

He was workin' real late in San Pedro one night
Two beautiful kids and a lovely wife.
Did sixteen hours, fell asleep drivin' home...
But, Brent was made outta flesh and bone.

Many more of us crashed and a few of us burned.
How many more need to die before a lesson is learned?
We will always be grateful for the money we've made,
But were not always happy with the price that we've paid.

Ya work sixteen hours, waddya get?
Another day older and deeper in debt.
St. Peter dontcha call me 'cause I can't go...
I owe my soul to HBO.

Dum Dum Dum Dum de de de Dum